Daily sludge from the brain of Cara Burdick (Actress, Singer, Director, Writer)

Thursday, August 26, 2004

The Edge of Reason

Thursday, August 26
Weight: 154, Cigarettes: 0 (cigars chewed on during show, hence giving slight nicotine buzz, 2) , Refined Sugar Units: 3 (all chocolate), Last page read of Helen Fielding's, Bridget Jones: the Edge of Reason: 114

Enjoying delightful book very much. Makes one want to write in style of Fielding, or just be Fielding, full stop. Feel akin to Bridget. Wonder if it's time to see therapist twice a week.

Show was insanity last night. Half-hour, John King no where to be found. No one has heard from him all day. Get busy imaging the worst: John wrapped around tree, John laying face down in home after being knocked unconscious by nasty, drug-crazed assailant (probably same bloke who broke in here). Lynne, of course, temporary house manager: Show Must Go On. Cast, Lynne and Tom madly trying to re-cast and re-assign parts of show/vaude so that show can go on. Still imagining John wrapped around tree.

Show laundry is also no where to be found-- with John, of course. Marqui has no dress. Marqui tries on my Eliza dress- WOW! I'm NOT fat! I mean, I am, of course, but it can't be all that bad, if that dress fits Marqui! Kind of. I mean, it's too long, naturally, as am height of German Olympic volleyballer. And a bit baggy in the waist, 3-4 inches... but my GOD, I'm NOT FAT. MY DRESS FITS MARQUI. One tiny good thing came of this evening, I guess. Don't get too excited. John still wrapped around tree. Perspective, keep perspective.

Finally, John calls: stuck in traffic, phone ran out of battery, all is well, on his way. Rest of evening, complete disaster. Can't keep head in the game, everyone's out of their minds. Very fun, enjoyable. Audience small but appreciative. Loved it, tipped well.

Came home, had some tea (and just a little chocolate, just an ounce or two of the good, dark stuff), read more Edge, and went to bed.

Have to go call Warren. I love my honey. Missing him terribly. I can't wait to see him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home