Daily sludge from the brain of Cara Burdick (Actress, Singer, Director, Writer)

Monday, August 23, 2004

Blogging: the anti-drug.

Food is my drug of choice. Late at night, after I get home from the theatre, it's all about NUMBing myself with TV and food. Especially chai mocha almonds from Trader Joe's.

NO MORE! Actually, I have refrained from buying those for weeks, now. Just too big a temptation.

I've put on several pounds since the summer began, so ...the Butt Stops Here. During the day, I'm so smart about food and working out... so this late night eating is over. So, today, I decided: if I find myself heading for the fridge, I'm going to hit the computer and BLOG instead. Or read. For this purpose, I bought "Bridget Jones, the Edge of Reason" today, as well as "Healthy Holidays" by Marilu Henner from the bargain bin-- $8! Very excited. Also, just discovered the color button on the toolbar, here... let the mis-use of color begin.

So the plan is to make myself a cup of tea as soon as I get home from work at night, sit down with my book/s, and wind down that way. I'm also back to counting points. I'd like to get back down below 150 before the contract is over. You know... not have lost too much ground by coming out here! Financial ruin is fine... but popping out of my size 8's... not acceptable.

I'm looking forward to being home, with Warren... but not really psyched about Denver, so much anymore. I talked Joel's ear off today about how annoying the whole theatre-scene is in Denver... and I really feel like maybe Warren and I could do great things in L.A. I'm really hoping that's going to work out, now.

Just saw Thirteen Going on Thirty with Joel-- made me miss NYC. However, I feel rather plucky and young as a result. Jennifer Garner's energy was contagious. Hey, I'm going on thirty!! I don't feel like I'm 29, at all... actually, I feel younger than I did at 23. And happier!

Tomorrow, the boys (Paul L, Billy Breed, Scott and Joel) and I are driving up Highway 1 to Carmel. We're going to stop along the way, do a little hiking, take photos, have dinner in Big Sur, watch the sunset, and then head home. I'm really looking forward to it. YAY! I hope Joel's car games will keep everyone off touchy subjects... for once.

Okay, so, I'm going to go crack open my new book, and then go to bed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home