Daily sludge from the brain of Cara Burdick (Actress, Singer, Director, Writer)

Monday, September 27, 2004

Tired, but can't sleep.

I'm exhausted, but I can't sleep. Too many things rolling around in my head. This class I'm putting together, the possibility of other classes, the possible move to LA, what-happens-if-there-is-no-job-in-LA, stupid auditions freaking me out, ...everything is just freaking me out, and I'm hungry, but it's 1am and I'm not allowed to eat anything... because I should be sleeping... but I'm not.

Is it REALLY that bad? Do I REALLY need to break out the full-color, illustrated LORD OF THE RINGS, and start reading? Honestly, the best sleeping pill EVER are those heavy, detailed, hard-cover volumes. Ten paragraphs, and I'm a goner.

Sadly, I can't really sit up in bed and read, because Warren is already fast asleep. Always that chance that I'll start to doze off on the couch, then move to the bed, and the move will wake me back up again.

I remember falling asleep while reading as a kid, under the covers with the flashlight on. Or writing, or drawing...

Okay, well, LOTR it is. I know, I know! They're amazing, wonderful stories. I enjoyed the films very much. But the books are ENORMOUS and FULL of unnecessarily confusing description and meandering exposition, you HAVE to give me that much... and it makes me sleepy to read it. Don't hate me. I just like more action in my books, that's all.

-cb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home